There is some serious buzz going on in Dallas about the branding change by Cygnus to change EMS Magazine, EMSResponder.com, and EMS Expo all to EMS World properties. Uniting under one brand is a smart move without a doubt. Combining print media, an online presence, and a live exposition is surely providing the community with alot of high quality content, but even with all they offer the world is not necessarily enough for those of us who are passionate 24/7 about EMS. Thankfully, there is the sphere to keep us content… the EMS Blogosphere that is!
- Jim Hoffman has a new Virtual Response Medic episode dealing with acute tunnel vision. This is a condition that can afflict even the most seasoned EMS provider and this video gives you an idea on how to overcome it
- Medic Trommashere wrote a very honest open letter to Kenneth Stokes
- TOTWTYTR talked about the walls we construct and also must overcome
- Droid Medic started out with a bang by giving you the step by step process to turn your Android phone into an EMS tool in part one and part two
- Rogue Medic addresses AMA Refusals amongst other things
- The pain management discussion continues over at Paramedicine101 with a very interesting, and true, definition of a drug seeker
- Greg Friese talks with Thom Dick about career friendly practices for professional caregivers
- Burned Out Medic tells the common tale of bystander interlopers and the raw deal some babies get dealt before they’re even born
- Medic 33 had a slight case of IRL anxiety when it came to meeting people at EMS Expo. After a self administered shot of social lubrication he was able to avoid going to the hospital and had a good old time…
- Justin Schorr has issued the Go Pink Challenge to all his fellow EMS Bloggers for the first 15 days in October to help raise breast cancer awareness
Have a safe weekend!